It’s actually been finished for a week or two now, but it had to be blocked, and then I had to get pictures of DH wearing it… all the important things, ya know? It’s been two years in the making, but it’s done.
Two years ago I went to Rhinebeck and picked up 11 skeins of plain Bartlett Yarn. A year ago I caked up all the yarn I’d dyed with mushrooms. All the details about which mushrooms gave which colors with which mordants are here. DH’s birthday is in January, and this sweater was intended for his birthday, January 2012. He finally got it mid-September!
This is the Real Raggsock pattern from Inger Fredholm’s Knitting with a Smile. I’ve met her and her (late) husband Nils. She’s a lovely person (and he was as well). My pal Alphy is friends with Inger, and I hope she sees this version of her pattern!
More details over on my Ravelry project page for this sweater. Basically I did a bunch of short-rows in the back to account for shoulders. We always think of men as straight up and down, especially DH, who is thin, but men have shapes and these need to be accounted for, just like boobage in women’s sweaters. I made this sweater for DH years ago (another Ravelry project link), without additional length in the back, and it just rides up, about 4 inches in the back! Makes me crazed, but he still wears the thing… even after re-kitting the cuffs twice (and currently the elbows are worn through and the cuffs need to be re-done).
I’m hoping he’ll treat the mushroom stripes the same and wear it all the time.