You know how if you make one mistake, it’s a mistake? But if you keep making it, you can call it a design feature? These started out as dashing, but since I didn’t have a printer, I just jotted some notes. It was just about where the cabling starts on the second mitt that I realized I’d
screwed up done something different.
But I think they are ok. You can see that I did the cabling in the same spot rather than in two areas like in the pattern, and that I only did it once per cable round. Otherwise I pretty much followed the pattern… a couple extra rounds before cabling, a couple fewer between end of cabling and thumb. I did them in Ultra Alpaca, on size 4 needles, and knit the smaller size in the pattern.
Couldn’t find the glass ones, but I think these suit it better.
I’m thinking about adapting the Blue Hills hat pattern to a sport weight yarn. Intending two of these as xmas gifts. And at a minimum two other hats. I think this is do-able.
Spring isn’t the only mud season… right now the ground is not nicely grassed, but it isn’t totally frozen, and certainly not yet snow covered. So there’s a lot of mud dust in the house. This is a fuzzy pic, but take a look at that paw (and the other dog has hairier and bigger feet!).
Sid’s doing fine. He thumps around in his splint, which is like a little cast. The very worst case is that he’ll end up with a painless, mechanical limp… but we’ll all hope for better!
I avoided the urge to go into work over the weekend… I wanted to hang some xmas lights in my new office. And take better pics of the transom art so I can finish up a picture key of what they all are (in time for the department xmas party). I am finding myself somewhat more stressed than usual with this new, full time job. One of my first big tasks is one where the instruction ‘memo’ is 25 pages of instruction! This task is supposed to take about a week… and that’s not counting doing all the other things.
I realized my last week’s posts were kind of whiny…sorry! But thanks for all your input.