What spa? This spa, which is basically a weekend for knitters and spinners to just hang out. It’s been in Freeport these past few years, and before that in Portland. I’ve only gone before on Saturday, to shop, to visit, and to sit and spin. This year, however, I stayed the weekend. What a blast!
My photos leave a lot to be desired, most are a little fuzzy, but embiggen if you need…
First things first, the bedbug check! There was one bit of something on the boxspring cover, but I think it was chocolate or something like that… definitely wasn’t blood…
She who never blogs anymore observed.
Lunch at Gritty’s,
From the 9 o’clock seat (all ravelry links except Lucia): She who never blogs Knitmainea, Deb, Jim, Kate, Lady Che, and Lucia. And the guy who didn’t fall in the beer vat. Here’s a clearer photo in Sara’s flickr page.
There was a mystery sock that just showed up in our hotel room. It wasn’t there when we checked in. And nobody in the room recognized it. Did the housekeeping staff think our toes were cold? That we might actually like hearts? On our feet? That couldn’t be more than a child’s size little.
cocktail dress? me?
On the left, on the way to the pool. There’s a bathing suit under there. Later it was hanging out in the lobby of the hotel, longjohns underneath, martini in hand… Sara claims that crocheted item is a hotpad, but I say it’s a giant pastie. Fashion plate I know…
From that witty wild Molly Bee!
I am such a bad blogger of late, I am shocked and surprised and thrilled that she’d think me worthy! Like all awards, there are some rules involved… I’ll try to stick to them. First is to share 7 things about myself. Like you don’t know too much already. No rules that they have to be new things, so you might know these things already…
- I have webbed toes
- I can speak Spanish, a little… Puedo hablar español, un poco
- I’m listening to Afro-Peruvian music right now, which I like a lot
- I know a little (OK, a fair amount) about mosses
- I have petted a sea cucumber (not so exciting as what Mz Molly Bee has petted, but we have to brag about what we can, no?)
- I am a third degree tae kwon do black belt, and even though I haven’t been practicing in a couple years, I’m still a 3rd degree black belt, and of course wicked dangerous…
- Once, when I was about 7, I spit on my brother’s mirror, and when mom asked what happened I said nothing. Of course he got in trouble. I am so mean. And guess I have been for some time… But then again, he got me toe socks one year.
Uh-oh, and now I have to nominate 15 other bloggers… I think I have failed in the rules. I’ll be happy I could hang on to the award for a few minutes. In addition to being a bad blog writer, I haven’t kept up well with reading blogs either. That damned Ravelry and that damned Facebook keep getting in the way… no time to do it all.
So take a bow, you were nominated, you are a stylish blogger! Pass it along if you want.