This is a stashbuster for me and I’m using some discontinued Linet from Berocco. The label says use a 7, but it was too loose. So I used 6′s and was getting pattern gauge, but still too loose. So now on 5′s and the fabric looks better, but because I am now knitting the next size up, I’m not so sure I’ll have enough. So, will do borders in a dk cotton called Santos (also from stash, and used on baby kimono). Here’s progress as of last night. If you look closely, you can see where yarns switch on the swatch, but I figure it won’t be too bad on the sweater because it'll happen between seed and stockinette.
I’m figuring out how to put a list of blogs I read on the sidebar!
Someday I’ll figure out how to do the photo gallery thing, meantime, here are a couple FO’s
dna scarf for 4th grade teacher, made in May, also a stashbuster! (ds is now in 5th)
OK, so I have to make myself a new rule…until I get off of the dial up, only small size pictures!
This was supposed to be a stashbuster, but I so loved the frog tree alpaca (the orangy stuff near the brim) that when visiting my bro (and subsequently the LYS there), I got more, the coral and black frog tree. My row gauge was off (likely due to the local wool in the top portion of the hat), so the whole thing came out rather long and pointy. But a visiting friend liked it and it suits him well. This is the Cathedral Hat from Hope Spinnery (I still haven’t figured out the in text links!)
Still coping with (possible!) rabies exoposure consequences. Dogs have boosters. Hanging at home.