or is it?
Mostly it is… here’s pics of progress (many of these are fuzzy, so no real need to embiggen)…
OMG, you mean there’s aNOTHER vanity below the counter?
- Plywood floor over the ick, moved the toilet drain so it’s centered
- El cheapo floor INSTALLED! Can you believe that PANELING (that dark line) on the wall? I pulled off a foot of sheetrock, and a length of quarter round (because this is such an attractive item in the middle of a wall), and underneath was this paneling…
- whooooo eeeee, that burnt sienna mixed in with that can of off-white? WAY too pink! (it’s sort of pink in the Sedona way, but pinker than I was after)
- two coats of paint (barefoot beach in the toilet closet, zenful outside to match the other space), including the trim
- pictures hung
- baseboard installed, nailholes puttied, primed, painted
- what you don’t see… light fixture replaced in the toilet closet, found it in the barn
- all the trim in the family room also puttied, primed, and repainted
- ceiling in the dining room sealed with Killz and painted (to paint over the stain from the leak upstairs that was repaired a while ago, but still leaked, and then fixed again)
Uh-oh… still need to do the trim under where that paneling was…
And since I had the paint out, and it was relatively warm this past weekend… I went after that entry door. The one to the family room (that I painted a couple years ago, but never did the door). Which meant taking out the glass, scraping off all the paint, and putting it all back together,
… and someplace along the way I got frustrated about trying to find things in the barn, and organized/cleaned out all the little cubbies. Still loads to do (like that pile of scrap wood), but things are at least more organized, such that a type of item isn’t in 7 places anymore…
Found this out in the front bank,
I emailed Enterprise Foundries in Lewiston, but they’ve never made anything like this. Turns out there are about eleventy million Enterprise Foundries.
Trimmed Gracie, except for her head, and she was looking like a crazy lion head girl. It was hard to trim her fur so it would be spinnable, and avoid snipping her. So I have a small bag, maybe 4 ounces or so. Then I trimmed them both. No pics of that… but they look better. Both got their odd wacko trims tamed.
leaping lionhead girl
I must stop looking around at things. I keep eye-ing (eying?) up that front storm door. It’s tongue and groove ~4 inch boards that are all coming apart. The window has no trim on the bottom section, and the glass moves off the boards. And the bottom hinge is missing. We don’t use the door much, but I worry somebody will get hurt. I’m thinking making a door out of shiplap. It’s narrower than most standard storms, plus the ones I’ve seen are rather unattractive.
Slowly knitting on the Carnaby Skirt; it’s about half done. All this house work has irritated the tendinitis. I’m about to start elf slippers for mom. In pink. And with bells. Of course!